Back to News Releases
Show us your spirit with the Summer of Bowls contest!
Ottawa, Ontario | May 7, 2018
Bowls Canada Boulingrin is hosting the second annual summer photo contest in the summer of 2018 to celebrate the season. Club members are encouraged to share their photos of the 2018 summer season to the deadline in September. This will include National Bowls day, club tournaments, Canada Day festivities and more! This contest is open to all registered members and participants of the Bowls Canada Boulingrin community across Canada. All entries will be placed into a draw to win free Bowls Canada Boulingrin merchandise including t-shirts, jackets and more! Bi-weekly draws will be happening starting June 9th 2018 and continuing until September 28th, giving members ample opportunity to find the “photo of the season”.
Photo Contest Rules
- Entries must be in a jpg or tif format and must be at least 300 kb in size and no larger than 1.5 Mb and submitted by email to Matthew Nafe, Communications Coordinator| communications coordonnateur, at email@example.com.
- The contest is open to residents of Canada and all registered members and participants of the Bowls Canada Boulingrin community. Contest entries can start being sent in May 28th 2018
- Photo subject must be of or be associated with the activity of lawn bowls.
- Photos may be submitted until September 28th, 2018 and the contest closes September 28th, 2018.
- All lawn bowling related photos are welcome (action shots, club socials, National Bowls Day celebrations, tournaments, etc.).
- Please include a small write up about photo:
- Who is in the photo,
- Where it was taken – facility, city, province
- A description of the event at which it was taken.
- Include the following contact information:
- Your name,
- Your email,
- A phone number where you can be reached should your entry be a winner.
- Winning entries will be selected on the basis of a random draw on a bi-weekly basis starting June 9th, 2018 and concluding on September 28th, 2018.
- Winners will be contacted by email and announced on Bowls Canada Boulingrin social media. The email will be sent to the email address provided by Entrant and the Entrant will have five (5) calendar days from the date stated on the prize notice to respond with acceptance of the prize. If the Entrant fails to respond within five (5) calendar days the prize will be forfeited and another Entrant selected.
- All submitted entries will remain eligible to be drawn throughout the duration of the event unless they are drawn as a winning entry. Winning photos will not be eligible for future draws
The Legal Stuff
- PARTICIPATION: By entering into the Contest, the participants agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and Regulations of the Contest.
- GRANT OF RIGHTS: All entrants grant Bowls Canada Boulingrin the right to display submitted photographs for purposes of this Contest. Entrants further grant Bowls Canada Boulingrin the right to display submitted photographs on third party sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for promotional purposes. Entrants and Winners hereby grant Bowls Canada Boulingrin a royalty free license, without geographic or time limitation, to display submitted photographs for promotional or advertising related purposes in any and all media. Entrants agree to sign any documents that may be necessary to affect the assignment of the licensing rights.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
Without limiting the foregoing, Bowls Canada Boulingrin may modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Contest if, and Bowls Canada Boulingrin 's sole opinion, an incident of any kind occurs to corrupt or impair the administration, security, integrity, fairness or play (as intended) of the Contest.
- Release and Consents
By participating in this Contest, all Entrants agree – with the consent of a parent or legal guardian (for contestants under the age of majority):
- To release, indemnify and hold harmless Bowls Canada Boulingrin from and against any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to Entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of their participation in this Contest (or related activities) or their acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize.
- To forever release and discharge Bowls Canada Boulingrin, their representatives, assigns, employees, agents and any person acting under their authority of any claims of any kind arising out or in connection with the use of my image or the video submitted, including, without limitation, any and all claims of privacy, the collection, use, disclosure, publication, sale, distortion, passing off, misappropriation of personality and/or libel.
- To Bowls Canada Boulingrin, the right to use, without payment of any fee, charge or compensation of any kind, including royalties, any and all images and information within the submitted photograph(s).
- PRIZES: Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The prizes are neither refundable nor transferable. In the event of unavailability of a stated prize (or any portion thereof), Bowls Canada Boulingrin, in their sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- PRIVACY: By participating in this Contest, the Entrant and the representative of the participants in the submitted photograph grant to Bowls Canada Boulingrin the right to use his/her likeness and name, mailing address, including city of residence, telephone number, club and email address (“Personal Information”) without further permission or compensation for the purpose of administering the Contest including but not limited to, contacting and announcing the winner and acknowledges that Bowls Canada Boulingrin may disclose the Personal Information to third parties or service providers of Bowls Canada Boulingrin in connections with the foregoing
- GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Official Rules and Regulations or the rights and obligations of Entrants or Bowls Canada Boulingrin in connection with a Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the province of Ontario, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other provincial laws. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. Venue for all suits will be in federal or provincial courts located in the city of Ottawa, Ontario.
Bowls Canada Boulingrin would like to thank all who submitted material, however only selected candidates will be notified.
For more information, please contact:
Matthew Nafe, Operations and Communications Coordinator, Bowls Canada Boulingrin
About Bowls Canada Boulingrin
Bowls Canada Boulingrin (BCB) is the governing body responsible for lawn bowls in Canada. The BCB mission is to advance the sport of bowls in Canada. For more details on Bowls Canada Boulingrin and the sport of lawn bowls, visit