Bowls Canada Releases Statement on Covid-19 Protocols
Bowls Canada Boulingrin (“BCB”) is committed to providing and maintaining a safe participation environment for all participants. The BCB Board has approved a COVID-19 Policy and Protocol Statement regarding National Championships designed to address participant safety and align with the current status of government protocols and mandates.
BCB will require all athletes, coaches, spectators, volunteers, media, event staff and contractors on site for a BCB sanctioned national championship to comply with local public health guidelines. As not every jurisdiction has the same policies, participants are advised to have knowledge of what current public health policies are in place at the host destination.
While BCB is not mandating a COVID-19 vaccination status at the present time, BCB strongly recommends that all participants be fully vaccinated where possible. BCB also endorses the other recommendations of the Sport Medicine Advisory Committee.
- Full vaccination, including booster dose(s) as appropriate when eligible
- Frequent hand washing
- Mask wearing at all times indoors, except for during specific training
- N95, KN95 or equivalent masks are recommended
- Respect social distancing of 2 meters
- Ideally, individual rooms for accommodation of staff and athletes
- Whenever possible, limit group and social gatherings, especially when indoors
Links to public health jurisdictions will be available on the respective Championship pages on the Bowls Canada website.
For more information, please contact Jake Schuknecht at email@example.com.
About Bowls Canada Boulingrin
Bowls Canada Boulingrin (BCB) is the governing body responsible for lawn bowls in Canada. The BCB mission is to advance the sport of bowls in Canada. For more details on Bowls Canada Boulingrin and the sport of lawn bowls, visit www.bowlscanada.com.